Scrambled diner hits the spot

I'm not much of a breakfast eater. At home, I often skip breakfast or just have a piece of toast. I know it's not good for you to skip breakfast, but I just don't get an appetite until around 11 a.m. Anyway, when I go out to eat for breakfast, it's a different story. I like a hearty meal with eggs and meat and cheese and veggies and toast. So, this week, my husband's aunt is visiting from Germany, so my hubby, my in-laws and Aunt Monika went out to Scrambled Diner in Dyer to have breakfast.

We had to wait a little bit, but that's to be expected with a party of six in a small place like Scrambled Diner. I ordered an omelet, which was huge, with all kinds of veggies and hash browns. Last time I was there I had the thick-sliced bacon, which was awesome, but everyone raves about the homemade sausage, so I gave it a try...very good!

This was my mother in-laws, a french toast club...a gigantic mound of layers of french toast, eggs, cheese and bacon.


This is what my husband and father-in-law had. It's called the Irish skillet with corned beef, hash browns, sauerkraut, thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese and eggs. It didn't sound very appetizing, but I tried a bite of my husbands and it was really good...surprisingly, I loved the taste of the sauerkraut with it.



If you're a breakfast lover, plan a visit to Scrambled Diner. Be prepared to wait at peak times. Bring cash. They don't accept credit cards. Everything is fresh and local. And portions are huge. If you have breakfast there, you'll probably be skipping lunch. :)

Comments