Corn chowder is a great winter meal

I recently went to a program at my local library with Chef Kate Bradley. She had done an earlier cooking presentation last fall on holiday appetizers, which I really enjoyed.

This time she was returning with recipes and samples of soups. She made four in all. One was for Corn Chowder. She passed out her recipes and told us to feel free to share them with our friends. So, I'm sharing it with you here. I haven't made it yet, but tried a sample. I think I'd adjust mine to use fresh potatoes rather than canned.

1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 medium size onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbls Butter
2 cans (14 3/4 oz.) of potato soup, undiluted
1 can (14 3/4 oz.) of cream style corn
2 cups milk
Pepper to taste

1) In large sauce pan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in the butter. Cook over medium heat, until the onion gets to be translucent.
2) Stir n the potato soup, can of corn, and the milk. Bring almost to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
3) Season to taste with pepper. Serve hot.

Here's a picture of the other one I sampled, the Vegetable Soup. She also made Split Pea and Ham and Potato Soup.

Comments