Beer and beyond at LaGrange's Palmer Place


In a place that boasts around 300 beer options with an ever changing menu, it's likely that more customers go to Palmer Place Restaurant and Biergarten with ale and stout on the brain than burgers and such. However, the food menu is not to be overlooked. It's a friendly, casual place where you can enjoy a flight from 38 beers on tap, but also feel like as much effort is put into the dining menu as the beer list.

An extensive variety of selections can be found, with a full page dedicated to burgers, including an ostrich burger and The Ultimate Gourmet Burger (a $14.50 offering.) Soups, salads, creative sandwiches and charbroiled steaks and seafood round out the food options.

I opted for an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, served with marinara and wasabi ranch (woah, did that have a kick to it!) Great starter to enjoy with a flight to wash it down.


Pictured on this sample paddle is (from right to left) Blue Moon Belgium White Ale, Dogfish Head Fraziskaner Hefe Weiss, Revolution Bottom Up Organic Wit and Samuel Adams Twisted Tea.


I ordered a triple decker turkey club. You can never go wrong with that. This one was definitely better than most. Everything seems to be served in generous portions.


I had to give hubby's entree a try - the Grilled Salmon Caesar. One bit and I immediately wished I'd ordered it. Ok, I admit, I had more than one bite.


And being the Cubs afficianado that I am, I appreciated the baseball memorabilia that lined the walls, especially all the Cubs related stuff in the little corner we were in, including this poster for game one of the 1932 World Series at Wrigley Field vs. the Yankees.


Check the website and their Twitter account often for updates on new beers. 

Comments