Popcorn, Indiana - Cheesy is good

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I eat it most often popped at home in the hot air popper and try as I might to use minimal butter and salt, I sooo prefer to have a big bucket slathered in melted butter and generously salted.

Once I tried out Popcorn, Indiana, I was hooked. I love the kettle corn variety and the aged white cheddar popcorn is incredible. I'm also quite fond of the bacon ranch flavor. 'Tis a bit on the pricey side, but I keep an eye for sales at Walgreen's and then I grab a couple bags. And then I hide it...and I bring it out only after everyone has drifted off to sleep. 

I am a little confused by the name, though. I see there really is a town called Popcorn, Indiana. According to Wikipedia, it's an unicorporated community in Lawrence County. But, on the packaging, it shows that it's distributed from New Jersey and on the website, there is a mailing address in Englewood, New Jersey. So, I'm just curious about where the Popcorn, Indiana name comes in. Can anyone answer that question for this inquiring mind that wants to know? :)




Comments