Trick-n-Eat at Smashmouth Burgers and Pizza

A few days ago I got an e-mail about a safe trick-or-treat event called Trick-n-Eat at Smashmouth Burgers and Pizza in Schererville, Indiana. Sounded like a good time and another opportunity for the kids to wear their costumes, which they were all for. They heard the word "candy buffet" and they were in their costumes faster than you can say "Boo!"

My sis had been talking about a place in the Chicago suburbs with the name "smash" in it and I assumed this was one in the same chain. Nope. This one is on its own. At least for now. I see on the website there are franchise opportunities.

For the event, kids got a little goodie bag for showing up in costume and then they got to dig in at the candy buffet. One of my boys managed to inhale about a dozen mini Reese's cups when I had my head turned. Each person attending also got a coupon for a free 2 oz. Individual Smash Burger. I tried one with "everything" which means caramelized onions, Bistro sauce and shredded pickles. Oh, I am in LOVE! :)

One of the boys isn't a burger eater, so I ordered him a kid meal with pizza, which comes New York-style with a very thin crust, which my son loved.

I looked over the Fall Specials, which sound amazing, and included a Bleu Cheese Bistro Burger, A No Drama Thanksgiving Salad with turkey, candied walnuts, dried cranberries and pumpkin dressing and an Apple Harvest Salad.

The daily specials sound great - just $5.99 - among the list is a quarter-pound burger w/cheese, fries and a drink; a smash house salad with chicken; 2 mini smashburgers with fries and a drink; a half sub with a cup of soup; and a side salad with a soup and drink.

I'm sure the soups and salads are delicious, but now that I've tried that bistro sauce and shredded pickles on a fresh patty, I can't imagine going there and not getting a burger -- one that is freshly made on a buttery bun and served with fresh-cut fries! I'm drooling just a little as I type this up! :)



I tried my burger with Swiss. Oh, was it good! That bistro sauce was seriously amazing! The kids had an early dismissal day from school, so we had stopped for a snack just a couple hours earlier. So, this little 2-ouncer was a perfect taste for me and the boys at dinner time that day.

I'm told the most popular items are the Monster Burger, a 1/2 pound fresh burger and the other is a combo with 4 mini smash burgers with cheese and fries and a drink.

Props to the place for hosting such a nice Halloween event for families in the area. It was a good time and fun to see all the little ones dressed up. I hope to be back soon and I'm bringing my appetite.





Yes, those are all televisions on the wall...and there are more on the other side. :)






My little vampire enjoyed sinking his teeth into a mini smashburger. :)



Comments