Steak quesadillas

As I was slaving away on Super Bowl Sunday making dips and finger food to eat while we watched the game, one of the boys asked if I'd make quesadillas. I'd just pulled a pan of homemade chicken taquitos out of the oven, but figured I'd make a few cheese quesadillas for the kids to have, too and maybe a spinach quesadilla for me. Then I remembered that I had a couple of bags of this in the freezer - John Soules Foods Beef Fajitas.

 
I usually buy fresh meats and don't look much at the pre-packaged or pre-cooked meats. However, this one caught my eye a while back and I bought it to make some fajitas. The meat was very good quality and the fajitas were snatched up in no time. I sauteed some red, green and yellow pepper and onion in a skillet with a little olive oil and once the veggies had softened, I added the meat just long enough to warm it since it is already fully cooked.
 
A couple weeks ago I noticed that there were bags of the beef fajita meat on sale for only $1.99. It was just a couple days from the "sell by" date, so I grabbed them and put them in the freezer. I figured they would work well for quesadillas. I made a couple with spinach and steak and I used some Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheese that I'd gotten in a complimentary sample package of Cabot Cheeses. I pulled out my Pampered Chef Cheese Grater that's been sitting in my cabinet unused for a long time - like years - and cranked out some finely grated cheese. I'm a huge cheese fan - and the sharper the better, so I was so excited to try it out. The creamy flavor is out of this world -- I can't wait to sink my teeth into the Extra Sharp and the Seriously Sharp!
 
 
And here's what I ended up with. The kids devoured them - spinach and all!
 


 
*** I did receive product from Cabot for the purpose of a review. Opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. Looks scrumptious! We actually had Quesadilla Burgers tonight...I guess we were both craving the same kind thing! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment