The Racine Kringle

We've done a bit of traveling through the Midwest over the past dozen or so years that I have been doing travel writing. Part of the fun of traveling is eating along the way...sometimes at cute little diners, sometimes at chains that we don't have in our area, sometimes having a big homemade breakfast at a B & B, sometimes noshing on festival food, sometimes picking up snacks at gift shops.

I love discovering regional specialties...and the Racine Kringle of Racine, Wisconsin is one of the best. This coffee-cakish danish comes in a variety of flavors - cheesecake, cinnamon and several fruit and nut varieties.

It was about 15 years ago that I first tried a Kringle. Once you try one, you won't forget it! On our last trip through Wisconsin, I thought I'd have to head a little out of our way to Racine to find some, but picked these up at the Brat Stop in Kenosha, which is right over the Illinois border and conveniently just off of I-94. Oh, and if you're not planning to be in Wisconsin any time soon, I discovered that you can also purchase Kringles online!!



Comments

  1. Mexican food is my favorite so I would be using the cumin and mexican seasoning first! chefl@swbell.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment