Cheesy chicken green salad

Okay, I apologize if you're getting sick of seeing me post salads. I eat them so often and often they aren't anything fancy. But, I figured I'll photograph them when I can and share them just to perhaps pass on a few ideas or tips to other salad lovers.

This one includes:

About 3/4 cup of fresh spinach
Finely chopped broccoli
Cucumber slices
A handful of cooked, diced chicken breast (I bought this from Schwan's and thawed it out to use in salads.)
Small chunks of sharp cheddar cheese
Celery salt

The celery salt definitely makes a difference. I almost always season my cucumbers with celery salt, a little trick I learned when working at my brother-in-law's hot dog stand in college. Celery salt always went on top of a Chicago Dog -- you know, mustard (no ketchup!!!), relish, onion, tomato, cucumber, sport peppers and last, but not least, a dash of celery salt on top off all those goodies on a poppy seed bun and a steamed dog. It really enhances the flavor of the cukes! Try it!


Comments