Bacon IN panackes

Bacon and pancakes are a regular breakfast around here on the weekends or lazy summer weekdays. When my 9-year-old asked if we could make pancakes and bacon on a recent morning, he said. "How about if we put the bacon IN the pancakes?" So, he grabbed some pre-cooked bacon and warmed it in the microwave, whipped up some batter, poured a long strip of batter into the skillet and pressed in a strip of bacon.


This son has been telling my for years that he wants to be a chef when he grows up. Every time he sees the commercials for Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Chicago, he tells me that he wants to go there. I'd love to have a chef in the family. And it's nice to see he has those creative juices flowing. He may not be making me soufflés or creme brulee - yet - but he's showing promise. :)

Comments