Baked potato in a bowl side dish

I love potatoes, but sometimes I don't love how long they take to cook. I don't use my microwave that often, but one thing I love to use it for is potatoes. What would take an hour in the oven can be accomplished in less than 10 in a microwave.

For this dish, I took:

About 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, largely diced
2 tbsp Real Bacon bacon bits
1 cup of broccoli (this was some frozen broccoli that I let thaw int he fridge)
Flavored olive oil
Cheese, optional

Put cut potatoes in microwave safe bowl with a tbsp of olive oil. I used a basil garlic oil. You could also   add dried Italian seasoning to the oil. Cook on high for 3 - 4 minutes. Add broccoli and bacon bits and cook another minute. If desired, add some shredded cheese to the top, which should melt quickly. Gorgonzola or feta are also great added at the end.

It's like a nicely topped baked potato in a bowl!


It went onto a plate with this lovely steak and some other fresh sides.


Comments