Chesterton European Market


Over the weekend I went to the Chesterton European Market with my friend Judy. Our kids play soccer together and the last time we had a game in Chesterton, she and the other assistant coach, Shannon, almost didn't make it to the game on time because they got so busy checking out the market. :)

I scolded them for going without me and I finally made a trip out there to check it out myself and Judy accompanied me. I was extremely impressed with how it was set up, the number of and variety of vendors and even the charming entertainment that mimics a street market in Italy or France. 

There were dozens of vendors. They filled the park and extended down the nearby streets. I bought veggies and flowers. We split a giant pretzel. We perused the crafts. Sampled lots of goodies. Sipped soda. Swayed to the music being played by a gentlemen with an accordion. It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday morning. 

The market takes place in downtown Chesterton each Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. through the end of October. For more information, go to http://www.chestertonseuropeanmarket.com.

A visit to the market makes for a great day trip. Visit the market in the morning, then head over to the Indiana Dunes State Park for an afternoon on the beach and finish off the day with an outdoor movie at the 49-er Drive-In.

Here's a few photos to show you what a good time it was.










Comments