St. Roger Abbey French Style Gourmet Patisserie


As I strolled the booths at the Chesterton European Market, I did a double take when I saw a nun behind a table. We walked over and in front of us were some of the most beautiful desserts I've ever seen. It turns out they are made by the St Roger Abbey nuns. They are also sold at the Westfield Hawthorn Mall, 628 Hawthorn Center in Vernon Hills. Oh, and they are also available online.

I grabbed a loaf of old country bread and the last time I had bread that good was when we were traveling through Amish Country and pulled over at a little farm where there were fresh veggies for sale and warm, right-out-of-the-oven baked goods. If you are at the market and spot the nuns...don't pass them up! The bread is amazing. I wish I'd bought some of the other items, too!







Comments