Jaali Bean brings you easy Indian comfort food

The folks at Jaali Bean send me some of the new products they are offering. The company specializes in Indian comfort food and since I haven't had Indian food very often, I was excited to give it a try. One reason I shy away from Indian food is because I usually don't tolerate really spicy foods well. I found that although this dish of Lentil and Brown Rice with Cardamom and Current was on the spicy side, it wasn't overwhelming. It made a nice side dish to the chicken I had prepared for dinner that night. In fact on night two, the remaining chicken was cut up and put right into the dish and it made for a hearty lunch.

The meals serve four and take less than 30 minutes to prepare - less than it would take to order and pick up Indian carry-out. So, if Indian food is your thing, you may want to try out preparing your own easy Indian dishes at home. And if, like me, you haven't been exposed to much Indian cuisine, it's a good way to get an introduction to some classic Indian dishes. For more information on Jaali Bean products, visit www.jaalibean.com.




Comments