El Rey Del Taco: Lansing, Illinois

I've lived in Lansing for about 23 years now and in recent years the Hispanic population has heavily increased, which I must say has pleased me. We have wonderful neighbors and they really know how to throw a party (we have had some really fun summer block parties.) It has also meant that our options for good authentic Mexican fare has increased. I count about 5 restaurants in town now. El Rey Del Taco is one I hadn't tried until recently, but it is one I will definitely return to.

I stopped in with a couple of my kids and we ordered a variety of items - pork, chicken and beef tacos with some rice and beans and I also ordered a steak torta, which was amazing. They spoon on hefty helpings of flavorful meat and the topping are very fresh. I also got some tamales, which were as good as any others I've had. It is a carry out place, so plan on bringing you dinner home to eat. Take a peek below at some of the goodies we enjoyed!






El Rey Del Taco
17801 Burnham Avenue
Lansing, IL
708-251-8977

Comments