Red Robin: Schererville, Indiana

I've eaten a lot of burgers in my day, but somehow had never been to Red Robin until recently. My husband and I were planning an afternoon together of shopping and lunch. He was shopping for tools at Sears Hardware and well, stopping for lunch made it worth the trip. We threw out eateries near the location on Indianapolis Blvd. in Schererville. Several spots were suggested. Hubby had been to Red Robin a couple times while attending work meetings in the north suburbs, so that was one of his suggestions.

We went in for an early lunch on a warm today and the lemonades she mentioned sounded super refreshing. I got the Freckled lemonade, which is a strawberry lemonade that is artfully served in a fun-shaped glass. Hubby got the raspberry limeade, which I tried. I wasn't real fond of the lim flavor and was glad I ordered the strawberry one - I liked it much better. I thought $3.99 was a little steep for a lemonade that didn't have a shot of vodka in it, but it was bottomless and it was good enough to drink several refills.



It took us a while to figure out what to get as they have a large menu and everything on the menu looked and sounded pretty tasty. While we perused the menu, we decided to have an appetizer. We had an order of freshly made Yukon kettle chips with French Onion Dip.




We both have been trying to scale back on the eating and because we never eat full portions when we dine out, we decided to split a burger. We got the Black and Bleu burger, which has blackened portobello mushrooms, grilled onion and a house-made bleu cheese with bleu cheese crumbles on a toasted ciabatta bun with dijon sauce. It was as awesome as it sounds.


We were there for a quiet lunch, but I'd imagine the place is really hoppin' come evening. Seems a great place to watch the game.


You can even watch the game as you wait to be seated. I've never seen anything like this before - a screen built into the floor.


Comments