Easy bruchetta topping

It's that time of year when we are able to pick nice rice tomatoes right out of the garden and use them in all kinds of dishes. I put them in soups. I put them in sandwiches. I make umpteen batches of salsa each season.

Since I'd picked up a french baguette at the farmer's market, I thought I'd slice it up and toast it and make some brochette to top it off.

I used three different varieties of tomatoes that we had in the garden.

4 roma tomatoes
1 black brandywine tomato
A handful of grape tomatoes
Fresh basil
Dried oregano
salt
minced garlic
olive oil

Dice the tomatoes (Mine are sliced kind of big - I was just being lazy.) Add olive oil, garlic, salt and oregano and stir. Chop fresh basil (I used a combo of green and red basil.) Add and stir.

I literally could have eaten that whole bowl myself.



Comments