Tacos and Burritos Rancho Grande in Lansing

When I am in the mood for Mexican, I often head for Tacos and Burritos Rancho Grande on Ridge Road in Lansing. I've been there often with my very dear friend, Michelle. Read about some of our past visits here and here and here.

This most recent dinner was super special for two reasons. For one, Michelle treated me to dinner since it was a day after my birthday. And she spoiled me with a gift of scented soaps and Godiva chocolates. She knows me so well.

The other reason for our meeting is that…I'm so excited about it…we are doing a children's book together and we were meeting for a final look at the manuscript and illustrations. Michelle is very artistic and talented. When I told her I had this children's story I was going to submit to a publisher, she said she'd like to do illustrations and I am so happy to be working with her. Her drawings are amazing and I can't wait to see our book in print. It's a little rhyming story about nocturnal animals.

We became friends on the first day of kindergarten for our boys - both our second born. They are now sophomores in high school. We just clicked instantly and have been great friends ever since.

So, back to the food. I love the guacamole. I also don't think I've mentioned it in the blog in the past, but they do have great tamales, too. :)


Here's my platter from my most recent visit with Michelle. I got a combo platter with a pork taco, a beef enchilada and a quesadilla - I asked them to add spinach like I always do. :) It's served with a side of refried beans and rice.




Michelle got tamales. I don't remember if they have them every day or just on weekends to buy by the dozen, but if you're ever in there and have an opportunity to buy a dozen, do it. They are wonderful!


Comments