Mom's Classic Meatloaf

Once in a while I get a taste for meatloaf like my mom used to make. That happened recently, so I just had to make some. Her recipe is pretty simple and what I like best about it is that she'd cover the top with ketchup before cooking.

1 1/2 pound ground round
2 eggs
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
ketchup 

Mix the ground round, eggs, soup mix, water, bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Shape into a loaf. I put mine into a foil lined loaf pan. Then cover the top with a thick layer of ketchup. Bake for about 1 hour at 400 degrees.


And of course, when you have meat you have to have potatoes. I decided to make some loaded mashed potatoes from scratch. I peeled, diced and boiled about 8 medium potatoes in salted water. When they were done I mashed them with a masher and added milk, sour cream, shredded co-jack cheese and bacon. Yummo!


Comments