Biscuits and Gravy Casserole

So, I bowl in this ladies league every other Friday morning and each week a team brings in snacks or breakfast. Sometimes it's just a box of doughnuts. Sometimes it's much more elaborate. For the last bowling session it was our team's turn to bring food. My teammate, Angie, brought a delicious Biscuits and Gravy Casserole. I'm a fan of biscuits and gravy, so it was really love at first bite. It was better than any breakfast casserole I've ever had. Yes, I know it's not healthy in the slightest, but it's a nice, warm hearty breakfast that makes you feel all cozy on a miserable Chicago winter morning.



Angie shared her recipe and I made it at home.  Unlike some of the other breakfast casseroles I've made, this one doesn't have to be made the night before.


smile emotico1 lb sausage

1pkg. white gravy mix
1 lb. pork sausage
1c. cheddar cheese, shredded
6 eggs
1/2 c.milk
salt
pepper
8 oz. biscuits
Brown sausage in a pan on stove. While that is browing cut biscuits into 1inch pieces and line the bottom of a greased 9x13pan. Drain any grease from sausage and scatter over the biscuits in pan. Sprinkle with the cheese. Whisk the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper pour over the cheese. Make the gravy mix per instructions on package and pour over casserole. Bake 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees.

***Note, I mistakenly used a 16 oz. can of biscuits, which worked fine. Just made the casserole a bit thicker.













Comments

  1. I'm assuming you mean pork breakfast sausage not pork gravy mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you! Recipe adjusted. It should have said white gravy mix. And the sausage was added.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment