Chicago Restaurant Week still going on until Feb 12th!

I made it to two restaurants this year for Chicago Restaurant Week and might try to get to one more while the special menus are still going! It goes until Feb 12th! Check out the restaurant listing here: http://www.choosechicago.com/things-to-do/dining/chicago-restaurant-week/ Several of my favorites are on the list, including The Gage, Park Grill, Frontera Grill (hard to get in here at times, though), Atwater's Cafe and South Water Kitchen. You really can't go wrong at any of these! :) Several that I have tried in previous years are also on the list- if you like SPICY, try de cero. Mercat al Planxa for tapas is SO delicous! Quartino was delicious for Italian small plates. The places I visited this year, I would also recommend! Hoyt's Modern American Tavern in the Loop: First was a piquillo pepper stuffed with short rib, ricotta and in a buttermilk herb sauce. Quite delicious!! Next was a risotto with brussel sprouts, mushrooms, squash and pecorino cheese with a sunny side up egg on top- also superb! Next was my friend's Beef tenderloin with fingerling potatoes and asparagus. Dessert was monkey bread with cranberry, caramel and butter sauces.
Chuck's Southern Comfort in Darien: JalapeƱo corn bread, super ceased salad, seafood gumbo, Cajun garlic shrimp (sooo good), ribs in a honey chipotle sauce (so tender and tasty!), and crawfish, andouille sausage and cheese enchiladas! I couldn't eat my dessert- a vanilla bean pudding- I had to take it home... but I had it tonight and it was divine! :) A bread pudding topped with a vanilla bean sauce, caramel and a walnut rum sauce! Yum! :)

Comments