Pickwick Society Tearoom: Frankfort, IL

I keep a little list of restaurants that I want to try and Pickwick Society Tearoom has been on that list for far too long. I love tea - and I also love history and antiques and old architecture. I'm the vice president of my local historical society and have authored three historical books. So, I've really been itching to get this this place for a cup of tea and a big helping of yesteryear. I asked my friend, Jen, from the historical society if she'd like to accompany me and we set a date.

The tearoom opened in 2004 and has since moved to its current location on a corner on Kansas Street in historic Frankfort, Illinois in an 1855 building that originally served as a hotel. It's such a pleasant rush of nostalgia just walking through the doors. I felt like I should have been wearing a Victorian dress and gloves. The place is lined with vintage knick-knacks and is also a gift shop.

There's a large selection of teas, available by the cup, mug or pot. I tend to like the fruity teas, so I selected a white mango sorbet tea that was so soothing and refreshing.



I started off with a cup of the soup of the day - Broccoli Cheddar, which was delicious.






Jen ordered an egg salad sandwich on pumpernickel.


I went for the five-cheese quiche. Loved it.



Just look at the floor tiles!





There are a number of fun teas with historical re-entactors. I'd love to get to one. I'm told they sell out very quickly!

Jen enjoying a mug of coffee. (She's not a tea drinker, so she was a wonderful sport to join me.)


Pickwick Society Tearoom
122 Kansas
Frankfort, IL
815-806-8140
www.pickwicktearoom.com

Comments