Pie Eyed: Whiting, Indiana

Hubby and I set out one day last week to Whiting's Whihala Beach to take some pictures of frozen Lake Michigan and a snowy lakefront. As we were driving down 119th Street on the way to the beach, I spotted Pie Eyed Bakery Cafe. We already had plans to stop at another Whiting eatery for lunch, but as we left the beach, I suggested we stop and get a snack or hot chocolate.

I ended up getting a magnificent Turtle Brownie and a hot chocolate with loads of delicious whipped cream and drizzled chocolate syrup. It was divine! As I perused the build-your-own-sandwich menu, I decided I had to order a sandwich. You pick your own bread, then meat, then cheese, then condiments. I selected London broil with cheddar on ciabatta with lettuce, lettuce tomato, cucumber avocado and peppered mayonnaise. It was fantastic.

I chatted with the owner, Allison, for a few minutes. I loved that she carries a few items for sale in her store - popcorn, sauces and other items and almost all of those items are made locally by small businesses in Northwest Indiana.

The fresh baked goods looked wonderful. Call about ordering a homemade pie or other goodies.

Pie Eyed is in an old brick building on a corner on the historic main street. The windows in front are done in vintage-style lettering and it has such a nostalgic view. That's what totally drew me in.

I can't wait to stop by again and try something new!










Pie Eyed
1600 119th Street
Whiting, IN
219-655-5018
pieeyedpies.com

Comments