Rosie's: New Buffalo, Michigan

We adore Southwest Michigan and make day trips there occasionally during the school year when we can drop the kids at school, drive north for breakfast and/or lunch, so some shopping or visit the beach and be back to pick the kids up from school.

That's what hubby and I did on St. Patrick's Day. I hadn't eaten breakfast, so I figured we'd visit Three Oaks and stop at Elm St. Bistro, Froelich's or Viola Cafe for breakfast. There is also Conway's which I've been dying to try out. But...it's the off-season. And it was a Tuesday. So, unfortunately none of those places were open. We figured we'd head to New Buffalo to spend a little time at the beach and see if anything was open for breakfast there.

We came across Rosie's, a breakfast and lunch spot on Whiiaker within walking distance of the lake. We still had lunch to come (corned beef at Nelsons Saloon), so we went light. Hubby had a couple pancakes and I got a half-order of biscuits and gravy. The place was a cozy little diner where the locals streamed in and out. They're only open until 2 in the afternoon so they specialize in breakfast dishes and sandwiches. I'm glad we found it and I have a feeling we'll be there for more breakfasts to come.



The lake still had a lot of ice on it and was really pretty, but after the winter we have had, I'm looking forward to a full thaw and coming back in flip flops in a couple months!



Rosie's
128 N. Whittaker
New Buffalo, MI
269-469-4382

Comments