Dessert at Redamak's in New Buffalo

Living in the south suburbs of Chicago, we are lucky to have many great sites and activities within a short drive. In five minutes I can be across the Indiana border. In 20 minutes I can be at a Lake Michigan Beach. In anywhere from 25 minutes to two hours, depending on traffic, I can be in downtown Chicago. In a about an hour I can be in Wisconsin or Michigan and enjoy even more Great Lakes shoreline.

Southwest Michigan is somewhere we visit often for a day trip since it's so close. We recently went up to Three Oaks for their Flag Day Parade, which we love. After the parade we had lunch at Nelson's Saloon then went over to the beach in New Buffalo for a while. I love that with the time change it stays light out until nearly 10 o'clock. So, we stayed 'til the sun was going down then decided we were hungry for dessert. The ice cream places close to the beach were closed, but Redamak's was still open.







So, we made a stop and the boys got milkshakes. There really isn't a big selection for dessert, but I did notice that they had Deep Fried Brownie Bites and Bananas Foster, served with some warm chocolate syrup. Yum....couldn't resist giving them a try. And I would try them again (and again and again!) Visit redamaks.com for their menu and hours. Their burgers are pretty awesome, also, and I've had one on every previous trip. 










Comments