Social Enjoyments offers organic, low-calorie alcoholic beverage


It's always fun when new sample products get delivered for the Chicago Foodie Sisters to try out. I was really excited when this one arrived. SOCIAL Enjoyments organic, gluten-free, sparkling sake wine comes in 10.5 ounce cans with just 88 calories and four grams of carbs per serving. It's one of the first alcoholic drinks on the market to have a nutrition label on the package.

SOCIAL Enjoyments solves two of the problems I have with drinking wine. First one is that while I like wine, I don't drink it often because I'm a one-glass gal. I know I will never finish a full bottle and unless I have company who will finish it with me, it goes to waste. So, beverages often come of out bottles in single servings or are mixed up by the glass. I love that this comes in nice little individual cans so I can enjoy wine and not have to worry about wasting it. My second dilemma is that I'm a foodie and many times I'd rather reserve the calories for the meal or for a few appetizers or for a lovely dessert and I feel guilty adding on an alcoholic drink. At just 88 calories per can, I don't feel like I'm overindulging. I also am not left wondering how many calories I'm really taking in. It has roughly one-third less calories than your typical glass of wine.



Sake is a Japanese rice wine that is different from your typical wine. It's process puts it more in line with beer than wine as it is double fermented. SOCIAL Enjoyments comes in two flavors. I loved the crisp Hibiscus Cucumber, which was so refreshing and light. The Toasted Coconut Almond's subtle nutty flavor is a little less sweet, but smooth and....well, enjoyable. 

SOCIAL Enjoyments originated in Chicago, created by Leah Caplanis, who was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and chose to heal holistically without surgery. Unable to find beverages that aligned with her new lifestyle, she created SOCIAL Enjoyments Sparkling Sake Wine with the help of Ray Klimovitz, who co-founded Izze Sparkling Soda (one of my very favorite beverages!) 

SOCIAL can be found throughout the Chicago area at Mariano's, Jewel, Whole Foods, Walgreens, Target and more, retailing for $8.99 - $10.00 for a 4-pack. Also, visit SOCIALenjoyments.com for info on delivery. You'll also find it at bars and restaurants including Roy's Restaurant, Benchmark, Untitled and Trump Hotel.



***Disclosure: I received product samples for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

Comments