Griffith Meat and Catering

Small, independent butcher shops are becoming a thing of the past. The one in my community closed about 5 years ago and I miss it terribly. I loved being able to light the grill and then make the 3 minute drive to Komo's to grab some freshly-cut sirloins or fresh Italian or Polish sausage along with some of their salads and rolls. 

There are still some nice meat markets in the area, I just have to drive a little further for them. One is Griffith Meat and Catering in Griffith, Indiana. I only get there once every few months, but I've been pleased with their selection and the quality of their meats. We've gotten steaks there that were reasonably priced and tender and flavorful. Last time I was there I got some pork chops and was not disappointed. One of my favorite things to get there is the Petziola Sausage. I like to pick it up in the summer when we're cooking out doors. It's a sausage that is stuffed with green pepper, onion and tomato. It's like all the ingredients of a pizza rolled into one - and it's wonderful on a lightly toasted french roll or Italian bread. 

I didn't realize until my most recent visit that they have a grill and you can order cooked food for carry-out - burgers, hot dogs, sloppy joe and beef sandwiches. I fully intend to give them a try on the next visit. If you happen to be the area, stop and give them a try...and tell them the Chicago Foodie Sisters sent you. :)






Griffith Meat and Catering
507 E. 45th Avenue
Griffith, IN
(219) 838-0458
GriffithMeats.com

Comments