Johnson's Farm Produce

For several years our family has made a trip in the spring to go strawberry picking at Johnson's Farm Produce in Hobart. However, this year we just couldn't find the time to make it happen. I was in the area, though in the middle of June and stopped in. Lucky for me there were still fresh    strawberries just picked from the fields.

I found a table with buckets of strawberries. When I heard an employee say, "These were picked an hour ago," and "These are the very last for the season," I headed for the table. So did two other customers. One grabbed four buckets. As I was perusing the inventory (down to about 12 buckets at that point, another customer reached in front of me and took the buckets I was eyeing. At that point I just grabbed a bucket - they all looked and smelled awesome - and I made my way to the checkout.

The farm stand was loaded with beautiful produce - and I was totally digging the adorable chalkboard signs. :)

When I got to the checkout, the fresh cherries were staring me in the face and I couldn't resist.

The place was also loaded with beautiful flowers...huge overflowing baskets and planters, many of them buy 2, get 1 free. Sadly, I had my little car with a full trunk and it was pouring down rain, so I didn't bring any home, but I will definitely keep the place in mind next time I'm out in that direction or for next spring when it's time to get flowers.

Comments