Porkchop in Glenwood, IL

Earlier this year, I visited a new eatery to south suburban Glenwood called Porkchop during their soft opening. I had visited their Loop location and tried a pulled chicken sandwich that was pretty fantastic, so I was excited I heard they were opening a location closer to me.

Everything I tried on that initial visit was high quality, full of flavor and nicely presented. I had a big platter with samples of several bbq items, shrimp and grits and chicken and waffles. I returned again to bring a friend there for lunch and had a pork chop sandwich that was delicious.

Recently, I was participating in a local author fair with my friend Michelle. I've authored six books and my latest one is a children's book about nocturnal animals called Into the Night. My friend, Michelle, is the illustrator. We had fun at the event meeting other authors and talking to visitors and signing copies of the book. Afterwards we decided we would have lunch together. We are both pretty indecisive and went back and forth all day about where to go. I was actually on the way to an Asian restaurant when we were driving through Glenwood and I mentioned Porkchop to my friend. I told her what I'd tried and how good it was and she decided she'd like to try it.

I was so excited to see elote on the starter menu - it's so good and not something I come across very often. It had a chipotle mayonnaise on it that was pretty tasty. I decided to go with the chicken and waffles I had tried before. It was so good - the buttery waffle was cooked to perfection and the fried chicken breast was perfectly seasoned and extremely juicy and tender, served with a slightly spicy and very thick syrup.

I can't wait to get back for another visit because I always see more items on the menu that sound delicious. If you're in the area, drop in for a bite.

Porkchop
100 Nugent Street
Glenwood, IL
708-757-9333
chicagoporkchop.com








Comments