Try Brio Tuscan Grill's Limited-Time Flavorful Features


Brio Tuscan grill is offering a menu of their "Flavorful Features" which is a limited-time offer that continues through February 28. That makes it a perfect spot to visit with your sweetie for Valentine's Day.

This was my first visit to BRIO Tuscan Grille at Yorktown Center in Lombard and I became an instant fan.

We started off with some warm bread and nicely seasoned crispy flatbread - the perfect way to begin dinner.

As I looked over the menu, though, I knew I needed to hold back on that delicious bread because there was much more to come and everything sounded fantastic.

Our waiter mentioned that Lobster Bisque was featured every day and figured I should give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I'm generally not a huge fan of rich creamy soups, but this one blew me away. Not only was it loaded with lobster, but it was topped with sautéed shrimp garnish - and that took it over the edge. It was so good I kinda wanted to lick the bowl, but I contained myself. The next course was coming and I couldn't wait to see what was next.

Since we were there specifically to try out the Flavorful Features menu, they quickly delivered the next item - the burrata and prosciutto bruschetta, which also featured red peppers, mayonnaise, sea salt, black pepper and EVOO. It was beyond amazing. I could have stopped right then after the bisque and bruschetta. But I knew I needed to pace myself.

The next item wasn't on the Flavorful Features menus, but is a white bean dip starter. It was very good - loaded with one of my favorite foods: artichokes!



From there we moved onto the entrees. I sampled two of the three Flavorful Features, the Scallop Risotto and the Crab Stuffed Shrimp and Lobster Tail. Scallops are on my top ten list of favorite foods and these were cooked perfectly and I loved the risotto with roasted eggplant, red peppers, zucchini, tomato compote, red onions, basic and Regianno. It reminded me of ratatouille with the great blend of flavors and abundance of freshly chopped vegetables. This dish got a definite thumbs up from me.



Hubby opted for the Crabbed Stuffed Shrimp and Lobster Tail and was kind enough to let me sample (like he had a choice!) This was a great plate for lovers of succulent seafood. The lobster melted in your mouth and the shrimp had a little zing of flavor that was a lovely compliment. The lobster sat on a little bed or orzo and broccoli. Delish!


Leave room for the delectable dessert, Butterscotch Budino - a pudding topped with caramel, vanilla whipped cream and one of my favorite foods on this earth, Marcona almonds.

Oh, and I can't forget the extensive cocktail menu. The Flavorful Features menu included two nicely paired wines, but I couldn't pass up my favorite cocktail - a Peach Bellini. Hubby also didn't stray from his favorite - the Old Fashioned. We both made good decisions. 

Brio definitely impressed me and I hope to return soon. The menu is brimming with enticing salads, seafood, pastas and more. But be sure to get in before the end of February before this menu says "Ciao!" For more info, visit BrioItalian.com. 



***I did receive a complimentary meal for the purpose of a review. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

Comments