Make Mondays Breakfast for Dinner Days with Krusteaz



Did you know that February is National Hot Breakfast Month? Having a hot breakfast daily is often overlooked - and substituted with cold cereal and breakfast bars in the spirit of saving time. Starting the day with a balanced meal is something that I often need to be reminded of since I get working immediately and more often than not skip the morning meal altogether.

I'm a hot breakfast person, though. I can't remember the last time I had cold cereal, I have no problem passing up doughnuts and pastries and breakfast bars are what I eat in the car when I need something in my tummy. When I take time for a hot breakfast, I want a big hearty meal that will fuel me up for the morning and early afternoon - with carbs and protein along with some fruit. I also enjoy breakfast at all times of day and my five kids have always been fans of having breakfast for dinner.




I thought that there probably was a National Breakfast for Dinner Day because there seems to be a food holiday for EVERYTHING. I couldn't find anything, though, so I'd like to make this announcement right now, so pay attention. 

I, Carrie, of Chicago Foodie Sisters, hereby declare Mondays as Breakfast for Dinner days. Eating breakfast for dinner one night a week gives busy parents a break on complicated food planning for the day (flipping pancakes couldn't be easier), it's more economical than a lot of other dinner meals and it usually has a short prep time. Mondays are always such a blah day, too, where you're easing back into routine after the weekend. Krusteaz has been our go-to brand for years for pancakes and waffles and I was excited when I was contacted asking if I'd like to help them promote National Hot Breakfast Month. One tip from my experience is to go ahead and prepare an entire box at one time, freezing some of the pancakes or waffles so that they are ready to go for an easy breakfast or dinner at a later time.




So, with the product that Krusteaz sent we've done some breakfast for dinner meals once a week. The first week we had a big egg scramble loaded with veggies with ham and toast. We love waffles and two of our other breakfast-for-dinner nights were waffles. The first one was a dinner of basic waffles with blueberries and maple syrup, bacon, sausage, grape juice and tea. 

The next one was chicken and waffles. It's one of my favorite all time dishes. I love it for breakfast, brunch and dinner. I matched it with some baked crispy chicken tenderloins that I got from Schwan's. My boys had hot sauce on it, but I stuck to traditional syrup.



The third time we'd had a late lunch at it had been a salad of greens with chicken breast. So, since the late lunch was healthy and light, dinner was an indulgence and really more of a dessert. We had pancakes topped with this delicious Belgian dark chocolate spread called Leckko that I had received and syrup and had some bacon on the side. It's not something you could eat every day, obviously, but that night it worked and it was delicious.



There are so many possibilities for breakfast for dinner and we've done a lot of them - French toast, steak and eggs, waffles, pancakes, crepes (both savory and sweet), breakfast casseroles, breakfast sandwiches, eggs benedict, banana and zucchini bread, chiliaquilles, avocado toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast burritos. Make Monday your "Breakfast for Dinner" day and start making a list for your monday meals. It's a delicious way to make dinner time a tad easier and often less expensive.

***I received sample product for use in creating this post. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

Comments